Before taking melatonin-containing sleeping pills, you should know these 5 things first. to prevent potentially dangerous side effects
Ajarn Phayapunthrik Srisawat, physician at Sleep Center Chulalongkorn Hospital, Thai Red Cross Society, stated 5 things to know before using melatonin to help sleep as follows ยูฟ่าเบท https://ufabet999.com:
5 things you should know before using “Melatonin” to help sleep
- Melatonin can alleviate sleep problems in many syndromes, such as insomnia in the elderly. Relieves jet lag caused by the body’s inability to adapt to changing time zones. Often occurs when traveling by plane. Helps with sleep for people who work in shifts (shift work) as well as treating abnormalities of the life clock in both children and adults.
- Synthetic melatonin can be found in two forms: melatonin, which is registered as a prescription drug under the advice of a doctor in prescribed doses. with melatonin in the form of a supplement which should not be used more than 5 mg/time
- Melatonin helps to delay bedtime, should be taken 2-3 hours before the time you want to go to bed and should not drive a car or operate machinery after taking melatonin.
- People with health problems or congenital diseases, especially in the group of epilepsy, blood pressure, depression, patients with abnormal blood clotting Talk to your doctor and pharmacist before using melatonin.
- Side effects from the use of melatonin may include headache. Stomach upset, anxiety, irritability, fatigue, or may cause mood changes.
can in short term
how to adjust behavior to help sleep more easily
Here are 10 ways to get enough sleep and good sleep hygiene:
- Go to bed and wake up on time every day.
- Get enough sunlight in the morning for at least 30 minutes.
- do not sleep during the day If unavoidable, it should not exceed 30 minutes.
- exercise regularly But should not exercise 2 hours before bedtime.
- Avoid caffeinated beverages and late-night meals at least 4 hours before bedtime.
- Refrain from drinking alcohol and smoking at least 4 hours before bedtime.
- Sleep in a comfortable bed, well ventilated, no stray light. and noise
- Relaxation to reduce anxiety, such as meditation.
- Use the bedroom only to sleep. do not play cell phone or eating in bed
- If you cannot fall asleep within 30 minutes, get up and do other activities. and then come back to sleep again when sleepy